The herringbone technique is effortless, satisfying and produces beautiful results on your clients.
Here's the steps on how to use this technique:
- Section your clients hair to their desired part line.
- Slice of weave one side of the part line, on a slight 45 degree angle, starting wherever you want the colour to begin - Nape, crown or front money pieces.
- Apply Paper Not Foil and your colour to the hair as normal, then fold together.
- Take the next slice or weave on the other side of the part line you started with, just slightly higher then the previous one. 1/2 a cm which will allow you to cross over the part line creating a zig zag brickwork placement.
- Apply colour as normal and repeat step 4 again on the opposite side. (The side you started with going 1/2 cm higher and crossing over the part line).
- You should now start to see or imagine a zig zag placement from the part line.
- Continue all the way to the front hairline and you will have sections of Paper Not Foil continuously overlapping one another, slightly giving a side to side crossing effect that will give seamless positioning of foils.
Note - You can leave as much or as little between the foils as you want.1/2 cm is just a guideline!
This technique covers a large section of the head and you often only need to place a couple of foils in the sides/temple area to meet the top foils.
Give this technique a go for yourself so you can see the beautiful results it creates. Get your hands on some Paper Not Foil HERE!